- Conversion of former interior hall space and linen closet into a powder room. The loss of storage is worth adding a second bathroom.
- A second kitchen sink to improve efficiency. I need the kitchen wall space provided by the new powder room to put in the second sink.
- I'll need an island element for best efficiency, provided in the pictures shown here by a cart.
- I'll also want deeper counters than the standard 24". Perhaps 30"
Each grid line is spaced about 18" apart in the plan view.
- Glass fronted upper shelves are on the left side both views. Solid fronted shelves are on the right upper and all lower cabinets.
- There's no upper shelves above item 12 (dishwasher) because I can't find the right width in Ikea Planner.
- My sis-in-law (Ikea master) tells me that I don't have the spacers right on the shelving, but for purposes of illustration I think this effort is ok.
- Juli thinks that I ought to populate the living room with representative furniture to see if I can live with it. I think it'll be just fine, since I no longer have to devote the perimeter of the room to a walkway and I can dual purpose the kitchen table and the space it sits in. Both of those improve the efficiency with which I can use a space that will be the same size as my current living room space.
- I plan to make my counters wider than shown here. Shown are 24" deep cabinets with the same width countertop. I'll make my own countertop that's up to 30" deep. Since the cabinets I plan to use are only 24" deep, I'll have to move them out from the wall. This might allow room for the second sink drain.