2008-09-02

Digital coloring my house

I had grand plans to use a program called Color Preview 2000 from Benjamin Moore to digitally color my house. I installed it, put in a couple digital pictures of my house, selected the various areas I would "paint". And......nothing. It wasn't helpful.

I felt that the whole exercise was so not useful, that I've given up. I'll go back to the old method of buying a small amount of paint and putting it on a wall (or a piece of cardboard) to see if it meets my needs.

Why didn't I like digital painting? For some reason the color palette seemed lacking. I wasn't sure the colors were correct as seen on my monitor, or if I'd like them on the house in person as opposed to online. The process to outline and define all the areas on the photo of my house that could be painted was tedious and imprecise.

No comments:

Post a Comment