Invasive Plants That Should be Avoided Everywhere in Los Angeles County.
• Alianthus altissima Tree of heaven
• Eucalyptus globules Blue gum
• Ficus carica Edible fig
• Myoporum laetum Myoporum, lollypop tree
• Nicotiana glauca Tree tobacco
• Olea europaea Olive, except seedless varieties
• Robinia pseudoaccacia Black locust
• Schinus terebinthifolius Brazilian pepper
• Tamarix gallica French Tamarisk
• Tamarix ramossissima Saltcedar
Source: Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning as quoted by the Dominguez Channel Master Plan
I have a Brazilian pepper in my back yard, planted long before I arrived on the scene.