2019-08-20

The plant sales start early

Made the following purchase at Annie's Annuals at sale prices.  While this is clear-out-the old type of sale, the bring-in-the-new type of native plant sales are just around the corner.  I hope I can bridge the end months of summer with these plants into the cooler establishment months of autumn. 

With shipping, I pay the same price at Annie's as full retail in my neck of the woods (Los Angeles area) but I don't have to put up with traffic.  Also, I figured out a way to filter Annie's web site sale items for California Native plants, so it made my selection easier. (As a side note, having decided that I will garden with Ca native plants exclusively actually makes my gardening easier.  Imagine the analysis paralysis that I would have if I could choose outside that slice of the plant world.) 

I already have one successful 'Margarita BOP' Penstemon but two others failed in nearby locations.  I'll get a retry with this order.  Also, I'll have a similar set of P. 'Blue Springs' to play with - maybe I will plant them together in a big drift or two. 

The Monardella 'Marian Sampson' is an experiment.  I think that underneath the Encelia where it will get occasional summer water would be a good place.  Apparently it's hard to establish, so I will improve my odds with two.



Annie's received the following order on 08/20/19
Order Information:
Order #235504
Item ID Product Name Quantity Unit Price Total
4611 Penstemon heterophyllus 'Margarita BOP' 2 $6.71 $13.42
5062 Monardella macrantha 'Marian Sampson' 2 $5.96 $11.92
818 Penstemon heterophyllus 'Blue Springs' "Foothill Penstemon" 2 $6.71 $13.42
Subtotal $38.76
Sales Tax (9.50%) $3.68
Shipping $13.95
Total $56.39
Credit Card $56.39

No comments:

Post a Comment