2012-04-06

Stylomecon

My experiment with Annies Annuals has borne fruit, err flowers.  Recall that I ordered six Stylomecon heterophylla from Annies, that five arrived intact, and a replacement sixth was sped on its way to me after a quick phone call to Annies.  They all made it into various pots or garden sites and here's the first of them blooming in Juli's garden.

They seem to flower reasonably prolifically. That's one surviving plant of two that I planted in Juli's front rose garden and you can see 8 or so flowers with another 8 or more on the way.. The other Sytlomencon planted nearby died of unknown causes, but I suspect that the soil doesn't drain nearly well enough in this garden. All of the potted plants in well-draining soil are doing quite well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment