2009-04-17

Native plant shopping list for Poppy Day

I fixed my computers last night. For the first time in a month or so I have a full complement of functional computers at home, from where I write most of this blog.

It's Poppy Day at Theodore Payne tomorrow. I thought I'd stop by on the way up the coast to Santa Barbara and pick up some goodies for the garden.

From the extensive plant inventory, these look likely.

Muhlenbergia rigens (Deer Grass) - I've managed to kill the last two I purchased. I will give them one more chance in my garden.

Aster chilensis (California Aster) - Grows well in most gardens. What's not to like about this easy plant?

Penstemon 'Margarita BOP'

Bromus carinatus (California Bromegrass) - Will take my soil.

Chlorogalum pomeridianum (Soap Plant) - could be fun.

Scutellaria californica (Skull Cap) - only 2 available. Looks interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Deer grass is one of my favorites. It usually looks terrible in the pot, but once it gets going in the ground they look great. The soap plants are starting to bloom up here in northern california.

    ReplyDelete