2007-02-02

Snow camp, etc

We're off to Scout snow camp this weekend. I'll watch the Superbowl (reluctantly) on Sunday - mostly so that my son will have something to talk about at school. I wonder if I can "watch" and wire some outlets at the same time?

Last weekend was the Pinewood Derby. My two Pinewood cars from the 70's are there in the foreground of the first picture in blue and red. I think there's been a general improvement in the state of the art for my son's, pictured in Key Lime Green. We hit a happy middle ground between the absolute jewels of cars that were clearly a lot of Dad time and the crayon-decorated blocks of wood that has no Dad input.



---

In the I Told You So Department: Back in October I mentioned a stock pick, Masco. I put my money where my mouth was and bought at $27.75. It's now up more than 20% and I've had the benefit of the quarterly dividend payment as well.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you're watching, root for da Bears. (At my father's insistence, I jumped on that bandwagon about five minutes ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nawww...if you are going to watch... root for the Colt's... Peyton Manning is easier on the eyes!!!

    -JD

    ReplyDelete