2006-06-22

Grilled Polenta

Dinner is usually a basic thing, mid week. Today was different, however, as it was the eve of the last day of school. We had a pork loin, rubbed with ancho chile, sage, garlic, salt and pepper and marinated in cider vinegar and citrus juice.

We also tried grilled polenta, and I think I'll have to do it again. Jeanine introduced me to gourmet polenta: select corn, stone ground at small, family-run mills. That's the best to use - you can taste the difference. Tonight's was Trader Joe's Organic polenta in a tube. Not to fear, however, once sliced, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, dressed with salt and pepper and grilled over red hot coals for 10 minutes or so, it wasn't half bad. We tried it like bruschetta al pomodoro with tomatoes fresh from the vine, but I think I prefer it with just a little of the dry spice rub from the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment