2006-11-25

Native Plant Society - local chapters

My local chapters of the California Native Plant Society are the South Coast Chapter (Palos Verdes Penninsula and San Clemente and Santa Catalina Islands) and the Los Angeles/Santa Monica Mountains Chapter. I wonder if there's major differences between them? One might imagine so, based on their meeting places. The SC-CNPS meets at the South Coast Botanic Gardens mid way up to the top of snooty PV, whereas the LA-CNPS meets in the renter's paradise of Santa Monica. I admit I'm drawn to snooty, in part because it's easier to drive to.

If I ever check them out, expect a full report.

1 comment:

  1. CNPS members are anything but snooty. Many of them are mature adults who place a value on the environment and the role of native plants in it. Go ahead, attend a meeting, ask questions, and get involved.

    ReplyDelete