2016-10-29

Native plant purchases

I was at the Theodore Payne Foundation recently and purchased the native plants listed below. The weekend before I purchased some plants from the Palos Verdes Land Conservancy.

1. It feels amazing to be back in the native plant swing of things. I've had a few years where I didn't do much at all, and I've felt the insistent press of the lost opportunities.

 and

2. This blog has been an important garden record for me. I was able to answer questions such as, "What was that Ceanothus selection?" based on my blog entries and a little searching.  It's a good thing that I didn't have to rely solely upon my memory for my native plant purchases of only a few years ago.

With #2 in mind, I've placed a copy of my receipt below and list its contents below the break for ease of later search.



Sisyrinchium bellum 'California Skies'
Erigeron glaucus (Seaside Daisy) 'Arthur Menzies'
Dendromecon harfordii (Channel Island Tree Poppy, Harford's Tree Poppy)
Polypodium californicum
Lonicera hispidula (Pink honeysuckle)
Brickellia californica (California Brickellbush)
Salvia leucophylla 'Point Sal'
Malacothamnus fasciculatus (Bush mallow / Chaparral mallow) 'Casitas'
Malva assurgentiflora (was Lavatera, Island mallow, Tree mallow)

Purchased at the PVLC:
Rhus integrifolia (Lemonade berry)
Nasella pulchra
Sisyrinchium bellum (species)

No comments:

Post a Comment