2012-10-13

An order from Annies

Disappointed to miss the Theodore Payne Foundation sale on the weekend of the 12th and 13th, I took advantage of Annie's Annuals 25% off sale and placed an order with them, with a ship-by date of the 16th.  Mostly I was thinking of planting in the back yard, which has a lot of bright sun and a lot of ground to cover.  I used Annie's successfully last year and thought it was reasonable value.  The sale price of 25% off covered California State sales tax and shipping, plus a bit more.  Here's my purchase list with nice links to Annie's web site for each of the items.


Item# Product Name Quantity Unit Price Total
1 Camissonia cheiranthifolia "Beach Primrose" 3 $6.95 $20.85
2 Cirsium occidentale "Cobweb Thistle" 3 $8.95 $26.85
3 Dudleya lanceolata "Lanceleaf Live-Forever" 3 $8.95 $26.85
4 Eriogonum grande rubescens "Red Buckwheat" 1 $8.95 $8.95
5 Erysimum capitatum ssp. capitatum "Western Wallflower" 3 $6.95 $20.85
6 Lonicera hispidula "California Honeysuckle" 1 $8.95 $8.95
7 Solidago californica "California Goldenrod" 2 $7.95 $15.90

These are prices for 4" pots, which seems to be the majority of Annie's stock.

Last year I grew (poorly, due to my own planting practices and bad timing) the Cirsium occidentale.  It still looked impressive.  So I've ordered three more.

I've grown this particular Eriogonum before, but it wasn't as red as Annie's photo.  Maybe I just had the species and not the rubescens variety.

The others I haven't grown before so it will be a nice new learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment