2007-08-05

Back from vacation, again

I seem to have a lot of time away this summer. I guess it's my way of making up for the last few years when I've felt that I've had no vacations.

I've just returned from Santa Barbara where I spent the better part of two weeks relaxing. My son attended Zoo Camp and took swimming lessons. I did a lot of hiking: Cold Spring trail - east and west forks, Tunnel Trail to Seven Falls, Romero Canyon trail twice. We had fun at the SB Old Spanish Days, and seeing a movie. Mom cooked her usual great food. I planted some oleander bushes on the property (not my choice, but consistent with pre-existing plantings). Juli visited at the end of the two weeks and we went wine tasting (Stolpman and Andrew Murray were highlights). On the way back we drove down Hwy 154 over Old San Marcos Pass and noticed the prominent plume of smoke from the Zaca Lake fire. Returning to SB, we had a rain of ash and smoky skies; the wind had shifted and breathed new life back into the fire. Hwy 154 is now closed and an evacuation order is in effect for that area. Link. The fire is expected to burn for another month.

We have one last family vacation planned this summer to Lair of the Golden Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment