2013-12-10

October to November garden

Back on October 7, my bulbs started greening up. First the Crocus sativus (Saffron Crocus)
Crocus sativus (Saffron Crocus)
By November 22, the C. sativus had grown a bit:
Native bulbs were showing some life too by Nov 22. Don't ask me just now which one this is.


On Oct 7 the unknown exotic was just showing:
I planted this Sedum 'Harvest Moon' just before Thanksgiving and took these pictures on 12/9. It's fragile and I placed the broken bits in other nearby pots where it looks like they will take. I may be overwhelmed with it by next year.
Sedum

I think these are Datura wrightii (Loco weed, sacred Datura) seedlings.  At least, that 's what I scattered in this container just before Thanksgiving.  The picture was taken on 12/9.  A companion container planted at the same time isn't showing any growth, however, so these may be adventitious sprouts.
Datura wrightii (Loco weed, sacred Datura) seedlings?
I think this is Dichelostemma capitatum (Blue Dicks), a bulb native to western N. America.
 Dichelostemma capitatum (Blue Dicks)
Manzanita flowers are beautiful and delicate.  It looks like a ruthless pollinator has gotten into this one from the side.  That happens.


Finally, I found these fun mushrooms the other day and chose them to make a "family" portrait on 12/9.  We'll see how fast they grow ;-)
ceramic mushroom family

No comments:

Post a Comment