2011-01-07

Blog action - save Arcadia Woodlands

I'm copying the following text from Wild Surburbia and urging everyone to sign the petition to save a local natural resource.  Other blogs, linked below, have far better background than I so I urge you to visit them, read about the issue, and get involved.

In solidarity with other bloggers, I implore all of you to sign the petition to save Arcadia Woodland, contact your County Supervisor, make yourself heard. Because as the Once-ler said:
"Now that your're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear,
UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole aweful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not.
Update: There are now many more blogs that have posted to raise awareness of the Arcadia Woodlands

Fellow bloggers in solidarity to SAVE THE ARCADIA WOODLANDS:


2 comments:

  1. 1. I planted the seeds of the oak and sycamores in Arcadia Woodland in the 1950s, NOT 100 YEARS AGO! Get somebody out of diapers that lived near there and ask them! 2. I did so without charge at the request of the County of Los Angeles, with the expressed condition that I keep ownership of the oaks and trees, for the purpose of keeping selfish idiots like you from keeping that piece of land out of use by the vast majority of the County of Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete