2015-01-05

Waterman Peak hike

My buddy Dan, his brother, and I took a hybrid trail + cross country route to Waterman Peak a few months ago. It's great to relive that hike today when the weather is much colder. I held on to this posting for a while in draft status because I thought I'd identify some plants, but I'm setting it free now without doing that homework.

Late season buckwheat was a beautiful rust brown.

Depending upon elevation and exposure, this plant shown in the following three pictures, had varying stages of maturity.  I've commented on it before in these mountains. 



Fire had swept through the area previously and the signs of it were still quite visible.  This standing tree trunk was particularly notable.
A very white colored lupin was present at the higher elevations
As was a mylar balloon.
This was near the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment